An online gold loan is the most straightforward secured loan you can avail when you require instant cash. The easy eligibility criteria and high loan amount make a gold loan one of the most popular loans in India. Usually, lenders approve up to 75% of the gold's market value; although at times, the upper limit may go up to 90%. The final amount would depend on the previous thirty days' average gold price and the quality and Karat of the gold. To avail an online gold loan, the borrower has to download the lender's app or call the customer helpline. After this, a loan officer would schedule a meeting and visit the borrower's residence or office and value the gold. Generally, the loan amount gets transferred to the borrower's bank account within ten minutes of loan approval. The total time from loan application to loan approval can be anything from half an hour to an hour.
As far as forms of credit go, online gold loans provide a range of peerless flexibility! Here are some of the basic eligibility criteria that you need to meet if you are looking to avail an online gold loan-
1) Since lenders prefer disbursing loans to borrowers that are domiciled within the same geographic boundaries as theirs, you will have to be of Indian nationality and residing in India to avail a loan.
2) You must be an independent major, that is of the age 18 or above
3) Since, usually, Indian lenders do not approve gold coins or bars, the collateral you are looking to secure your loan with has to be gold in the form of jewelry or ornaments.
4) The jewelry you are looking to pledge must be 18 Karat or above (Karat is the measure of the purity of gold)
It is noteworthy that the loan amount you are eligible to receive is bound to vary from the market gold rate. This is due to the fact that lenders don't go by the current market price and instead arrive at the average gold rate based on the rate from the past 30 days.
For starters, gold loans come equipped with a variety of benefits as opposed to any other form of credit. The reason lenders can afford to offer so many added benefits to borrowers of gold loans is because of the collateral pledged against the loan. Some of the stark difference between gold loans and other loans are:
1) Gold loans have much lower interest rates
2) Gold loans don't require as much documentation as to any other form of credit. Some lenders even approve gold loans with just the Aadhar Card for verification.
3) Though other forms of credit require you to maintain a stellar credit history, gold loans can still be availed even with a poor credit score.
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly