“Karat” is the internationally recognized term used to denote the purity and weight of gold. Higher the Karat, better the purity of gold.
1) 24 Karat: 24 Karat gold is the purest and most expensive form of gold found in the market. Owing to it’s pliability 24-Karat gold is not usually used to make jewellery and is instead used for investment purposes, in the form of coins or bars.
2) 22 Karat: 22 Karat gold is generally used in the jewellery industry. In this type, pure gold is mixed with several alloys like zinc, nickel, or silver to make the gold harder and fit for jewellery. Generally, 22 Karat gold is 91.67% pure.
3)18 Karat: 18 Karat gold is the gold that is prepared by mixing 75% gold with 25% other alloys. 18 Karat gold is the cheapest type of gold available in the market.
Gold is one of the most valuable metals known to humankind, and it can be used for multiple purposes. Besides, making jewellery, gold is also commonly used to avail funds during a financial crunch.
Thus, it is vital to measure the purity of gold to make the most of its equity. Following are some of the ways.
It constitutes one of the most common ways to determine the quality and purity of gold. Denoted by “K”, this measurement system depends on a scale that ranges from 0 to 24. For instance, a god article of 1 Karat means that that particular gold item consists of 1 part of gold and 23 parts of other metals or alloys. It also means, the closer to 24K, the purer the gold.
Most gold articles, including jewellery, come with an inscription called “hallmark” that carries the symbol of gold purity, its fineness, date of manufacturing, etc. Most countries, including India, have mandated gold jewellers to carry the BIS hallmark.
Besides these, most traders use conventional acid test or use an electronic gold tester to determine gold purity accurately.
Irrespective of the method, assessing gold purity is essential for both buyers and traders.
Quantitative easing, or commonly known as QE, is an economic policy. It comes into action, in case other policies have run out of steam and stopped working.
The connection between QE and Gold is inversely proportional. It means, with the implementation of quantitative easing, the price of gold drops and vice versa. Thus, conservative investors, who believe gold is the future, advises investing more in gold, instead of other modes.
Indians usually attach a lot of sentimental value to their gold. Apart from jewelry, gold s used for several other purposes such as investment, hedging, or for availing an instant loan. If you choose to pledge your gold as collateral security, you must understand how your gold is valued. Here is how you can calculate the price of your gold jewelry.
1) To ascertain the purity and quality of your gold, take it to the nearest assaying center.
2) The assaying center presents the purity of the gold in terms of Karat or as a percentage figure.
3) If you wish to calculate the value of your gold using the
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly