The purity and quality of gold is something buyers are always apprehensive of. There are different types of gold that buyers can choose from. Buyers often have a tough time distinguishing between the Hallmark gold and the KDM gold.
1) Hallmark Gold: Hallmark gold is the type of gold upon which, tests are conducted at assaying centers and is approved for sale by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). Hallmark gold is available in four varieties being 23 Karat, 22 Karat, 21 Karat, and 18 Karat.
2) KDM Gold: KDM gold is a type of gold made combining 8% cadmium with 92% gold. Not only does this tamper with the purity of gold, but it also has certain health risks associated with it because of which the production of this gold has been terminated.
Indians usually attach a lot of sentimental value to their gold. Apart from jewelry, gold s used for several other purposes such as investment, hedging, or for availing an instant loan. If you choose to pledge your gold as collateral security, you must understand how your gold is valued. Here is how you can calculate the price of your gold jewelry.
1) To ascertain the purity and quality of your gold, take it to the nearest assaying center.
2) The assaying center presents the purity of the gold in terms of Karat or as a percentage figure.
3) If you wish to calculate the value of your gold using the
'Karat' represents the proportion of gold present in an alloy. It indicates the fineness of gold, which implies that the higher the karat, the more the purity of gold.
Quantitative easing, or commonly known as QE, is an economic policy. It comes into action, in case other policies have run out of steam and stopped working.
The connection between QE and Gold is inversely proportional. It means, with the implementation of quantitative easing, the price of gold drops and vice versa. Thus, conservative investors, who believe gold is the future, advises investing more in gold, instead of other modes.
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly