The price of gold in India depends on multiple factors. This includes, but is not limited to the following factors:
1) Gold production
3) Government's gold reserves
4) Demand and supply of gold in the global commodity market
5) Import rates
6) Interest rates
7) Taxes and levies
8) Local demand.
As a denizen and fellow gold loan borrower, it is imperative for you to stay updated about the latest gold rate in cityname. It is not unusual to find a little variation between the market gold price and the gold valuation offered by the lender. The difference in price primarily occurs because the lender calculates the average gold price of 22-Karat gold based on the rates from the past thirty days and extrapolates the gold gram rate. Hence, the value of the gold you get depends on the average gold price and the lender's loan to value ratio. As per the recent directive of the RBI, lenders can give loans of up to 90% of the gold's market value till March 31, 2021.
Indians usually attach a lot of sentimental value to their gold. Apart from jewelry, gold s used for several other purposes such as investment, hedging, or for availing an instant loan. If you choose to pledge your gold as collateral security, you must understand how your gold is valued. Here is how you can calculate the price of your gold jewelry.
1) To ascertain the purity and quality of your gold, take it to the nearest assaying center.
2) The assaying center presents the purity of the gold in terms of Karat or as a percentage figure.
3) If you wish to calculate the value of your gold using the
In its 3000 year history of trade, the price of gold has never dipped below zero. This is a very compelling fact when you pit gold against cash, whose value keeps is in a constant state of flux. This is only one of several reasons to put your gold to good use! Some of the other benefits of investing in gold are:
1) High Yield Returns: Gold is the best choice of investment if one is looking to make a low-risk investment for a high yield return.
2) Demand for Gold: In the wake of gold ETFs and Sovereign Gold bonds, the demand for gold has been constantly increasing.
3) Hedge Function- Gold functions as a hedging instrument against financial market fluctuations. This makes it a safe bet in the face of recession.
4) Liquid Asset- Being a liquid asset that can be transported and stored anywhere, gold can easily be sold or pledged against an instant loan.
5) Authenticity- Gold is a precious metal well known for its purity and value. This makes it easy to recognize high-quality gold which can simply be bought after verifying if the seller is authorized to do so.
GST or Goods and Services Tax came into effect on 1st July 2017 by subsuming the repetitive tax structure of the previous regime and bringing transparency and accountability in the taxation system.
The implementation of this new tax regime has left a considerable effect on the prices of several commodities, of which gold accrues enormous importance due to its national and international demand.
Under the new tax regime, the GST on gold was fixed at 3% with an additional 8% tax on the making charges and import duty of 10%. Later, the making charges tax was revised and reduced to 5%. As a whole, the yellow metal has become expensive by 0.75% in the post-GST era.
A primary reason that accounts for the rising gold price is 10% import duty. However, traders have managed to evade that by importing gold from countries like South Korea, with which India shares the Free Trade Agreement.
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly