In its 3000 year history of trade, the price of gold has never dipped below zero. This is a very compelling fact when you pit gold against cash, whose value keeps is in a constant state of flux. This is only one of several reasons to put your gold to good use! Some of the other benefits of investing in gold are:
1) High Yield Returns: Gold is the best choice of investment if one is looking to make a low-risk investment for a high yield return.
2) Demand for Gold: In the wake of gold ETFs and Sovereign Gold bonds, the demand for gold has been constantly increasing.
3) Hedge Function- Gold functions as a hedging instrument against financial market fluctuations. This makes it a safe bet in the face of recession.
4) Liquid Asset- Being a liquid asset that can be transported and stored anywhere, gold can easily be sold or pledged against an instant loan.
5) Authenticity- Gold is a precious metal well known for its purity and value. This makes it easy to recognize high-quality gold which can simply be bought after verifying if the seller is authorized to do so.
The purity and quality of gold is something buyers are always apprehensive of. There are different types of gold that buyers can choose from. Buyers often have a tough time distinguishing between the Hallmark gold and the KDM gold.
1) Hallmark Gold: Hallmark gold is the type of gold upon which, tests are conducted at assaying centers and is approved for sale by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). Hallmark gold is available in four varieties being 23 Karat, 22 Karat, 21 Karat, and 18 Karat.
2) KDM Gold: KDM gold is a type of gold made combining 8% cadmium with 92% gold. Not only does this tamper with the purity of gold, but it also has certain health risks associated with it because of which the production of this gold has been terminated.
There are many micro and macroeconomic factors that determine the gold rates in India. Some of the factors that influence that gold rates are: gold production, inflation, government’s gold reserves, demand and supply of the gold commodity in the market, import rates, interest rates, taxes, local demand, etc. Since an unprecedented emergency is likely to arise at any moment, being a resident here, it is good to have an eye on the latest gold rates in cityname. The market price of the gold and the gold valuation offered by the lender is likely to vary. The lender calculates the average gold price of 22-Karat gold according to the rates from the past thirty dates. This is how the lender concludes on the gold gram rate. The value of the gold loan that you get is dependent on two factors – the average gold price and the lender’s LTV (loan to value) ratio. The RBI has also directed the lender to disburse up to 90% of the market value of the gold till March 31, 2021.
The implementation of GST has particularly affected the prices of commodities like gold.
Effect of GST on Gold Prices
As per the new tax structure, the GST on gold is set at 3% for both finished and unfinished products, which will be paid by the end consumer.
Apart from this, the tax regime also levies an additional 5% on making charges of gold jewellery. The additional charges have upshot the price of gold as there were no making charges in the previous taxation system. This rate is, however, a revised version which was initially set at 18%. The initial GST on making charges would have affected the prices of the finished products massively since end-consumers had to bear all the expenses. However, the 3% GST, the 10% import duty, and 5% making charges have made the yellow metal’s price increase by 0.75%.
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly