Goods and Services Tax has unified the earlier payable taxes like Value Added Tax (VAT), Customs duty, Central Excise duty, etc., and the whole indirect tax structure has been brought under one umbrella.
GST on gold is levied when individuals opt for buying gold jewellery or bars. Individuals need to pay several taxes depending on the various processes involved in gold trading, manufacturing, and purchasing. To be precise, individuals need to pay GST of 5% on making charges, 10% on import duty and 3% on gold. However, the GST on making charges is a product of the new tax regime.
The new tax structure and implementation of several taxes have made gold expensive by 0.75%. Apart from the impact on gold prices, GST has stretched its effects on gold imports as well as across the organised and unorganised sectors, which are invariably linked with the increasing price of gold.
In its 3000 year history of trade, the price of gold has never dipped below zero. This is a very compelling fact when you pit gold against cash, whose value keeps is in a constant state of flux. This is only one of several reasons to put your gold to good use! Some of the other benefits of investing in gold are:
1) High Yield Returns: Gold is the best choice of investment if one is looking to make a low-risk investment for a high yield return.
2) Demand for Gold: In the wake of gold ETFs and Sovereign Gold bonds, the demand for gold has been constantly increasing.
3) Hedge Function- Gold functions as a hedging instrument against financial market fluctuations. This makes it a safe bet in the face of recession.
4) Liquid Asset- Being a liquid asset that can be transported and stored anywhere, gold can easily be sold or pledged against an instant loan.
5) Authenticity- Gold is a precious metal well known for its purity and value. This makes it easy to recognize high-quality gold which can simply be bought after verifying if the seller is authorized to do so.
Gold is one of the most precious metals that do not corrode with time. Thus, from time immemorial, gold has been used to make jewellery and as a substitute to currency. Therefore, it is imperative to assess the gold’s purity to derive its actual value.
Following are some of the most commonly used methods to determine gold’s purity.
Individuals need to check gold purity before buying or selling.
Indians usually attach a lot of sentimental value to their gold. Apart from jewelry, gold s used for several other purposes such as investment, hedging, or for availing an instant loan. If you choose to pledge your gold as collateral security, you must understand how your gold is valued. Here is how you can calculate the price of your gold jewelry.
1) To ascertain the purity and quality of your gold, take it to the nearest assaying center.
2) The assaying center presents the purity of the gold in terms of Karat or as a percentage figure.
3) If you wish to calculate the value of your gold using the
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly