Quantitative easing, or commonly known as QE, is an economic policy. It comes into action, in case other policies have run out of steam and stopped working.
The connection between QE and Gold is inversely proportional. It means, with the implementation of quantitative easing, the price of gold drops and vice versa. Thus, conservative investors, who believe gold is the future, advises investing more in gold, instead of other modes.
Indians have traditionally used gold for investment purposes. Gold is considered a hedge against financial disruptions. However, when you want to sell gold for meeting urgent financial needs, you should be aware of how old gold jewellery is valued. The right knowledge would keep you safe against unscrupulous jewellers. To calculate the value of gold, you have to take it to the nearest assaying or testing laboratory and get its weight and purity tested. The centre certifies gold's purity in Karat or percentage. To calculate the value of the old gold jewellery by the Karat purity method, you have to multiply the gold's weight, purity, and gold rate and divide it by 24. To calculate the value of the old gold jewellery by the percentage purity method, you have to multiply the gold's weight, purity, and gold rate and divide it by 100.
In its 3000 year history of trade, the price of gold has never dipped below zero. This is a very compelling fact when you pit gold against cash, whose value keeps is in a constant state of flux. This is only one of several reasons to put your gold to good use! Some of the other benefits of investing in gold are:
1) High Yield Returns: Gold is the best choice of investment if one is looking to make a low-risk investment for a high yield return.
2) Demand for Gold: In the wake of gold ETFs and Sovereign Gold bonds, the demand for gold has been constantly increasing.
3) Hedge Function- Gold functions as a hedging instrument against financial market fluctuations. This makes it a safe bet in the face of recession.
4) Liquid Asset- Being a liquid asset that can be transported and stored anywhere, gold can easily be sold or pledged against an instant loan.
5) Authenticity- Gold is a precious metal well known for its purity and value. This makes it easy to recognize high-quality gold which can simply be bought after verifying if the seller is authorized to do so.
Goods and Services Tax has unified the earlier payable taxes like Value Added Tax (VAT), Customs duty, Central Excise duty, etc., and the whole indirect tax structure has been brought under one umbrella.
GST on gold is levied when individuals opt for buying gold jewellery or bars. Individuals need to pay several taxes depending on the various processes involved in gold trading, manufacturing, and purchasing. To be precise, individuals need to pay GST of 5% on making charges, 10% on import duty and 3% on gold. However, the GST on making charges is a product of the new tax regime.
The new tax structure and implementation of several taxes have made gold expensive by 0.75%. Apart from the impact on gold prices, GST has stretched its effects on gold imports as well as across the organised and unorganised sectors, which are invariably linked with the increasing price of gold.
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly