Indians usually attach a lot of sentimental value to their gold. Apart from jewelry, gold s used for several other purposes such as investment, hedging, or for availing an instant loan. If you choose to pledge your gold as collateral security, you must understand how your gold is valued. Here is how you can calculate the price of your gold jewelry.
1) To ascertain the purity and quality of your gold, take it to the nearest assaying center.
2) The assaying center presents the purity of the gold in terms of Karat or as a percentage figure.
3) If you wish to calculate the value of your gold using the
Gold is universally acknowledged as a valuable commodity pertaining to its unique properties, such as:
Gold is available in limited quantities. The best estimates suggest that about 197,576 tonnes of gold have been mined throughout history. In fact, if every ounce of this gold is arranged in a cube, each side of this cube will only measure about 21 metres.
The price of gold tends to rise over time. This is because its demand is exceedingly high in countries India, but the supply is limited.
Gold is a highly liquid, non-consumable asset. Additionally, this metal retains an active market at almost all times. So, individuals can easily convert their gold to cash whenever they want.
It impacts economies in terms of contribution to foreign exchange and trade balance. Furthermore, gold is used as a reserve to hedge against inflation in most free-market economies globally.
The price of gold in India depends on multiple factors. This includes, but is not limited to the following factors:
1) Gold production
3) Government's gold reserves
4) Demand and supply of gold in the global commodity market
5) Import rates
6) Interest rates
7) Taxes and levies
8) Local demand.
As a denizen and fellow gold loan borrower, it is imperative for you to stay updated about the latest gold rate in cityname. It is not unusual to find a little variation between the market gold price and the gold valuation offered by the lender. The difference in price primarily occurs because the lender calculates the average gold price of 22-Karat gold based on the rates from the past thirty days and extrapolates the gold gram rate. Hence, the value of the gold you get depends on the average gold price and the lender's loan to value ratio. As per the recent directive of the RBI, lenders can give loans of up to 90% of the gold's market value till March 31, 2021.
The purity and quality of gold is something buyers are always apprehensive of. There are different types of gold that buyers can choose from. Buyers often have a tough time distinguishing between the Hallmark gold and the KDM gold.
1) Hallmark Gold: Hallmark gold is the type of gold upon which, tests are conducted at assaying centers and is approved for sale by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). Hallmark gold is available in four varieties being 23 Karat, 22 Karat, 21 Karat, and 18 Karat.
2) KDM Gold: KDM gold is a type of gold made combining 8% cadmium with 92% gold. Not only does this tamper with the purity of gold, but it also has certain health risks associated with it because of which the production of this gold has been terminated.
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly