Indians have traditionally used gold for investment purposes. Gold is considered a hedge against financial disruptions. However, when you want to sell gold for meeting urgent financial needs, you should be aware of how old gold jewellery is valued. The right knowledge would keep you safe against unscrupulous jewellers. To calculate the value of gold, you have to take it to the nearest assaying or testing laboratory and get its weight and purity tested. The centre certifies gold's purity in Karat or percentage. To calculate the value of the old gold jewellery by the Karat purity method, you have to multiply the gold's weight, purity, and gold rate and divide it by 24. To calculate the value of the old gold jewellery by the percentage purity method, you have to multiply the gold's weight, purity, and gold rate and divide it by 100.
In its 3000 year history of trade, the price of gold has never dipped below zero. This is a very compelling fact when you pit gold against cash, whose value keeps is in a constant state of flux. This is only one of several reasons to put your gold to good use! Some of the other benefits of investing in gold are:
1) High Yield Returns: Gold is the best choice of investment if one is looking to make a low-risk investment for a high yield return.
2) Demand for Gold: In the wake of gold ETFs and Sovereign Gold bonds, the demand for gold has been constantly increasing.
3) Hedge Function- Gold functions as a hedging instrument against financial market fluctuations. This makes it a safe bet in the face of recession.
4) Liquid Asset- Being a liquid asset that can be transported and stored anywhere, gold can easily be sold or pledged against an instant loan.
5) Authenticity- Gold is a precious metal well known for its purity and value. This makes it easy to recognize high-quality gold which can simply be bought after verifying if the seller is authorized to do so.
The purity of the gold and the quality of the gold are two different factors that people often get confused over. Hallmark gold and KDM gold are the two types of gold that usually leads to some confusion. The two types of gold are considerably different with regards to their composition. The KDM gold has a purity level of 92%, where the gold is a mixture of 8% of cadmium and 92% of gold. Since there are some health risks associated with KDM gold, it is no longer in sale in the market. On the other hand, Hallmark gold has a certification by the Bureau of Indian Standards. The Hallmark gold is testes in assaying centers approved by the BIS. There are four varieties of hallmark gold: 23 karat, 22 karat, 21 karat and 18 karat. The purity of the gold is directly proportional to the karat rate. The higher the karat rate, the higher the purity.
Gold is one of the most precious metals that do not corrode with time. Thus, from time immemorial, gold has been used to make jewellery and as a substitute to currency. Therefore, it is imperative to assess the gold’s purity to derive its actual value.
Following are some of the most commonly used methods to determine gold’s purity.
Individuals need to check gold purity before buying or selling.
Your request has been received, our customer relationship manager has been notified and will call you shortly